Diabetes 101


1. What is Diabetes?

Diabetes is a lifelong metabolic disorder that affects more than 20 million U.S. citizens, about 90% of whom suffer from type 2 diabetes, with the other 10% having type 1 or juvenile diabetes.

What You Should Know

A Guide to Type 2 Diabetes
8 Ways to Manage Diabetes

2. How to Treat Diabetes

Diet, exercise, and weight loss is often the first line of treatment when you are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes; however medication is sometimes required to control blood glucose levels.

What You Should Know

Choosing Rx for Diabetes
Type 2 and Insulin Use

3. Managing Your Diet

When you have diabetes, it's essential to keep your blood glucose levels in check. Foods that contain carbohydrates increase blood sugar levels so it's vital to control your carb intake.

What You Should Know

Guide to the Glycemic Index
8 Super Foods for Diabetics

4. The Importance of Exercise

Daily exercise helps your body to work more efficiently, burning more calories and using insulin more effectively. It also helps to control glucose, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels.

What You Should Know

The Best Exercises
7 Exercise Tips

5. Possible Complications

Diabetes can be managed by making sound lifestyle choices along with the help of a dedicated healthcare team. But complications can arise if the condition gets out of control.

What You Should Know

Uncontrolled Diabetes
Heart Related Complications

Copyright © 2024 QualityHealth.com. All rights reserved.

Popular Health Centers